Mr Pickles

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
Candid

Re: Mr Pickles

Post by Candid »

Yeah, I remember that film. It was very scary at the time but probably comical now.

Most wild animals are terrified of humans, and rightly so. One exception is Galapagos, where I was waiting on someone's doorstep and a finch hopped all over my shoulders and teaked my ear.
There was also a marine iguana that used to bite people's toes when we sat on the balcony having breakfast.

When it comes to birds in England I find that next to feral pigeons, robins are the tamest. They'll come to the fat balls (in half coconuts) even when I'm sitting outside. They stay as long as I make no sudden moves,
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

This is amazing, Candid. It touched many viewers. This girl has no close friends and is a total loner. Then she discovered magpies love her.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSbDcks_ ... DLLCxD9MYA
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

Candid wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:34 am Yeah, I remember that film. It was very scary at the time but probably comical now.

Most wild animals are terrified of humans, and rightly so. One exception is Galapagos, where I was waiting on someone's doorstep and a finch hopped all over my shoulders and teaked my ear.
There was also a marine iguana that used to bite people's toes when we sat on the balcony having breakfast.
I don't know yet how to recognise birds but am now familiar with magpies as there are many in my area.

When it comes to birds in England I find that next to feral pigeons, robins are the tamest. They'll come to the fat balls (in half coconuts) even when I'm sitting outside. They stay as long as I make no sudden moves,
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

I wouldn't recognise a Robin but we do get many magpies so many swoop down to eat my peanuts.

Candid wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:34 am Yeah, I remember that film. It was very scary at the time but probably comical now.

There was also a marine iguana that used to bite people's toes when we sat on the balcony having breakfast."