Crazy and unprecedented times are coming.

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
theforsaken

Crazy and unprecedented times are coming.

Post by theforsaken »

I'm listening to stuff on the internet and it's quite unnerving.

So technology has come a long way with AI and shit in just the last few years, it's evolving faster, and more, than ever before, and it'sgoing to get alot better, I believe the experts when they say stuff like the singularity is on track to happen in 2045. As alarming as that is, it's very possible. The guy I just listened to also thinks we will basically be good enough with medicine and technology to hault the progression of our longevity by 2029, that's 5 years away..
So in 21 years AI will basically be a God and we will be able to link our brains to it and be infinitely smarter and never die. I dunno if I like that, I think I'd rather stay my stupid natural self, keep my identity and humanity, and eventually die like we're supposed to.

20 years ago we didn't even have smart phones man, and 20 years from now we will be living in a different world. It's going to be crazy to watch, but I also don't really want to be involved.
Candid

Re: Crazy and unprecedented times are coming.

Post by Candid »

theforsaken wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:12 am I think I'd rather stay my stupid natural self, keep my identity and humanity, and eventually die like we're supposed to.

20 years ago we didn't even have smart phones man, and 20 years from now we will be living in a different world. It's going to be crazy to watch, but I also don't really want to be involved.
I agree with all that. I suppose anyone's last days and hours are bound to be unpleasant, but when my time's up I'll get through it somehow.
theforsaken

Post by theforsaken »

He said once we "merge" with the AI technology, our intelligence will be multiplied a million fold. That is wild shit, like will that give us superpowers? Will you be able to fly and shit just by thinking about it? Will you be able to teleport or time travel? Will you be able to just manifest things into existence by thinking about it? Like gold? Will I be able to use telekinesis and throw slow drivers off the road when they're in front of me with my mind? Lol. It is interesting but it's scary as well, like who controls this once it's out there in everyone?
The AI stuff itself is wild as well, once that thing gets good enough to upgrade itself infinitely, it's over. And that will happen soon as well.
Candid

Post by Candid »

I reckon AI is going to make life worse, a LOT worse, for those of us who aren't controlling it.
Superpowers no, not for the likes of us.
theforsaken

Post by theforsaken »

Candid wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:59 pm I reckon AI is going to make life worse, a LOT worse, for those of us who aren't controlling it.
Yeah, only time will tell I guess which way it goes, good or bad, but one thing I know for sure is shit is gonna get real weird real fast, over the next 10 years. 10 years from now will be like the same sort of leap as like the 50s to 2000.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

theforsaken wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:45 am
Candid wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:59 pm I reckon AI is going to make life worse, a LOT worse, for those of us who aren't controlling it.
Yeah, only time will tell I guess which way it goes, good or bad, but one thing I know for sure is shit is gonna get real weird real fast, over the next 10 years. 10 years from now will be like the same sort of leap as like the 50s to 2000.
~

Did you know that you can receive BLE (bluetooth low energy) signals on your cell phone, if you set it up to read those signals, that are being emitted from those who took the jab?

MAC address, media access control address. Android can be set up through Settings; Apple get a BT scanner app.