The Black Pill

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
Candid

Re: The Black Pill

Post by Candid »

Fulgurator wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:50 pm The much proclaimed but unexpected New World Order looms,don't you think?
Of course. It was NOT unexpected. This was what was under discussion on the Uncommon Forum, until they panicked a few years ago and shut down.

You were one of those who contributed to theforsaken's thread of the same name, pretty much going along with the New World Order and labelling the rest of us "conspiracy theorists" with paranoid delusions.

I believe it was THAT thread that precipitated the end of the Uncommon Forum. They were businessmen with an agenda, getting up in years (retirement age), who didn't need the hassle. If you google Uncommon Knowledge you'll see they're still selling courses.

The situation's MUCH worse than you acknowledge even now. Our rights are being stolen one by one. Countries are signing up to the dastardly WHO Pandemic Treaty rather than take the blame for what's to come.

I don't think any of us were fully cognizant of the facts. To know what was coming we'd have to have been One Of Them, right?

I'm genuinely glad to see you here. Things are about to get VERY bumpy.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:50 pmIt seems...
It's one ZOG after another. ZOGs and their evil games. Do you get my drift, Fulgurator?

Fulgorate, zap abnormal growths with electricity. Hmm.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Candid wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:36 amThings are about to get VERY bumpy.
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

Candid, you may recall Richard and myself did oppose the vaccine but we were both cynical over hard core conspiracy. I myself figured there were opportunists who were raking in dollars by vamping up the great plot agenda. I distrust evangelical leaders, more so from the U.S. For example, David Ickes followers don't know that even though Icke blames the Jewish race for various global woes, Icke has copied the "god was an astronaut" theories of Zecharia Sitchin, a Jewish academic. Most of what Icke states isn't his own ideas but pretty much "lifted" from Sitchin. Icke has made millions from his bookings and speeches. Yet it was Sitchin who suggested the Bible (old testament) may have its source in visitors from a neighbouring planet.
Besides that, most conspiracies you will notice have a dark agenda. It's always assumed the plots are directed by sinister evil-doers and we tend to get these ideas from culture. For example Spectra in the early Bond movies. "The Prisoner" TV series of the 1960s. No conspiracy leader ever forwards a benign conspiracy where the plotters plot acts of humanity. From faked moon landings to 9/11 buildings, the conspiracy leaders feed on our fears and suspicions. Many remind me of the Jesus TV stations - scores of those American con artists claim Jesus materialised before them, choosing them to bring in the tithes. I'm cynical in my older years.
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

As to things getting "bumpy" it's a good thing I wasn't based in Australia at the time of the hysteria. Had they knocked on my door to arrest me for having left the house, the response from my part would have done John Rambo proud, I imagine.
Seems to me, though, civilisations decline. I'm amazed how advanced the Roman World was, even compared to modern Europe. I found out they seemed to be aware of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems with some advanced medicines, using marine organism extracts. It started to wobble in the mid second century A.D. in the exact same way we see today. When it did fall, education and science really tumbled. Plato says societies deteriorate in stages with autocracy being the last one, as in Russia.
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

The fulgurator was a priest who interpreted the areas struck by lightning for omens. A bit like reading tea leaves. Bird flights were studied. Sometimes the psychics accurately predicted future events such as the Trojan War as a ten year conflict. As for Apuleius, I have his huge witchcraft case to read through over the coming months. He was a good witch, I think but was accused of malpractice.
Candid

Post by Candid »

Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

There's a difference between conspiracy theory and cynicism. Being a cynic, I don't trust governments and do my own basic research into whatever is being pushed as gospel. So, with Covid my evaluation was it had grown into mass hysteria and drug companies were trying to capitalise on the hysteria. I never swallowed the secret plot line especially as there were American opportunists making money out of their channels and appearances. So, I made a calm, rational decision.
The odd story is how Eric Clapton had joined the conspiracy theory line and upset a few fellow rockers such as Mick Jagger and others. Recently he did get the virus but recovered after a few days. I also got a dose recently, I think, but it was more inconvenient than a threat to life, in my case.
There is a conspiracy problem, though, in some cases. Some people believe the Royals are alien shape shifters and the fear is cult leaders can brainwash us into extremist ideas. The old term is paraphrenia - the kind of conspiracy that led to witch hunts.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:36 pm So, with Covid my evaluation was it had grown into mass hysteria and drug companies were trying to capitalise on the hysteria. I never swallowed the secret plot line . . .
Fill me in on the secret plot line, please.
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

"Paraphrenia is a well-established concept that was ignored in the DSM-III and the DSM-III-R and may be excluded from the ICD-10. There is a need to re-establish the diagnosis, for accurate diagnostic purposes and for future research of the paranoid/delusional disorders."

My 1950s texts describe paraphrenia clearly enough to match "conspiracy". It's a form of paranoia. The person is convinced of some " plot" by an assumed sect or agency that seeks to control their life. Note: The scenarios are always malicious and never beneficial. Paranoia is about malice and persecution a few cases oddly recorded anti Semitism as part of the conspiracy.
That's not to say cynicism or distrust is the same thing. It's more that paraphrenia is obsessive and dark in the way the mind conceives some plot, an organised intent to harm, control and persecute. It's very common in some UFO abduction cases where the abductee claims greys or visitors are experimenting on himself, or herself. Again not all UFO witnesses are paraphrenic but it's just some are. Many conspiracy leaders such as David Icke are highly likely paraphrenics - complex paranoid delusions but with a functional personality.