Mr Pickles

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
quietvoice

Re: Mr Pickles

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:58 pm Instead we have sinister people poisoning wells.

And, they are still at it.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:28 pmOf course viruses exist. You could find that out by reading basic biology. This is a well trodden path.
Please point to a publication that shows how a virus has been isolated, purified, characterized.

Pay attention to the procedure that they use. Does their procedure make logical/reasonable sense?

If yes, please explain.
~

You telling me "YES, viruses exist" does nothing towards proving their existence.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:28 pmPresuming you live in the USA, you should be aware the indigenous population of America is Indian and the "occupiers" are immigrant Europeans (who also ran a slave trade). So, it's really a bit of a stretch to moralise to a culture centuries older than your own, (English is a very young language compared to Hebrew. So, you should try reading a bit of actual history (pref source materials). . .
Wrong. Plain out wrong. They are not native to this land. I already brought that up to you. Where is that culture now? Who cares how old they "were", where are they now? They were not able to defend themselves?

Also, there is a certain people who blended in well with the Europeans and their descendants and it is they that brought the third group of people over to this land by way of the ships that they owned. Do you know who those people are? They are the very well-poisoners that I keep harping about.

>>(pref source materials)<<
What would be identified as a source material in your mind?
as well as basic biology.
Tell me if you agree or do not agree that humans are a frugivore species.
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

I'm speechless and may be doing more harm than good going round in circles but not getting through. This is what happens when people allow the internet to be their only source of information. For Q.V. there has to be a healthy start from the beginning. Ditch the cranky sites and seek out proper science books. To deny mainstream science isn't rational - you'd have no I.T. for a start if someone hasn't invented transistors or circuit boards.
"Real books" by reliable writers. If you get even a basic knowledge you'll be able to question those who write nonsense on those dodgy forums and channels.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:28 pm "Real books" by reliable writers. If you get even a basic knowledge you'll be able to question those who write nonsense on those dodgy forums and channels.
What does that mean?
Before the internet, I read real books!!

Since the internet, I can get most of those books online.
Since the internet, all of your "real books" can most likely be gotten online!
Now that they are online, I guess they are useless and wrong information!!!! Oh, David, you are so brilliant.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

So, David, tell me about biology, more specifically, anatomy and physiology of the human body.

Do you think that humans are a frugivore species, yes or no?
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Give me examples of "reliable writers", please.

Or, wait, define "reliable writer", please.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

quietvoice wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:42 pm
Fulgurator wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:28 pmOf course viruses exist. You could find that out by reading basic biology. This is a well trodden path.
Please point to a publication that shows how a virus has been isolated, purified, characterized.

Pay attention to the procedure that they use. Does their procedure make logical/reasonable sense?

If yes, please explain.
~

You telling me "YES, viruses exist" does nothing towards proving their existence.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:28 pm This is what happens when people allow the MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND ACADEMIA to be their only source of information.
There. Fixed that for ya.

If you want to learn about reality, get out of the matrix.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

What are your main objections to using information gleaned from sources outside of "real books"? Or, even to look at the information to see if any of it makes sense?

What if you found something that actually makes sense that you don't see or hear on the Mainstream Media and Academia channel?
What would you do then with that information? Would you ignore it?