The great toilet debate

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
theforsaken

The great toilet debate

Post by theforsaken »

I see things about this on the internet every now and then and it always fuckin annoys me.
When men and women share a toilet, it's always the man's job to make sure he leaves the toilet the way the woman wants it (seat down), why? Do women lack the agency and self awareness to check the toilet and put the seat how they want it before using it? Or are they just entitled to the point that even the fucking toilet seat needs to be their way every time and it's such a hard thing to just adjust it themselves?

I never understood it, I never complained when it's down when I go to take a piss, I just lift it and piss and it's not a big deal. And I'm the most impatient fucker on earth, that should be something that gets on my nerves but it's not, because lifting the seat is fucking easy, why is putting it down so difficult for the fairer sex?
quietvoice

Re: The great toilet debate

Post by quietvoice »

theforsaken wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:18 am fuckin
Fuck is not a curse word, 6 minute video.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

quietvoice wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:33 pm Fuck is not a curse word, 6 minute video.
Sorry, that was the channel link. Here's the video link.
Candid

Post by Candid »

It's never bothered me, and I've lifted the toilet seat plenty of times. I've also sat where I think it is and nearly fallen in. See, I sometimes get up in the middle of the night (specially after a pub session) and don't put a light on, 'cos that would wake me up. I've never broken a buttock, though.

H and I now have separate homes so it's not an issue.

BTW theforsaken, it's very cold here in pommyland right now. I guess you're roasting?
theforsaken

Post by theforsaken »

Candid wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:41 am It's never bothered me, and I've lifted the toilet seat plenty of times. I've also sat where I think it is and nearly fallen in. See, I sometimes get up in the middle of the night (specially after a pub session) and don't put a light on, 'cos that would wake me up. I've never broken a buttock, though.

H and I now have separate homes so it's not an issue.

BTW theforsaken, it's very cold here in pommyland right now. I guess you're roasting?
Actually nah not really, as far as Aussie summers go it's been pretty mild so far, we've had unusually cool and wet summers the last like, 2 or 3 years. I think 2019 into 2020 was the last normal summer we had and the country was literally on fire.

It's still too warm for me, but it's about 10 degrees cooler than normal on average