CBDCs

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
Candid

CBDCs

Post by Candid »

How come no one here is talking about Central Bank Digital Currencies? https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/12 ... ars-omfif/

When cash is no longer in circulation you'll have no choice any more. Your bank will be able to block your card anytime it likes, maybe because you just went over your meat ration... or maybe through technological error. They can also empty your bank account if they feel like it. Who can you complain to? No one will actually be serving in shops when your app lets you down; you just won't be able to get out.

Naturally enough, China led the charge -- but Turkey isn't far behind. https://watcher.guru/news/central-bank- ... cbdc-tests
Tokeless

Re: CBDCs

Post by Tokeless »

Now, this is something I can agree is wrong and could have sinister potential. A digital trail for everything we buy is concerning, but the drive is going to be near impossible to prevent. Not because it's a big brother dictatorship but because younger people view the move as convenient. They live in a digital world, it's their normal, so not having to carry cash is good to them. They don't see the downside. Add to this the businesses who won't have to worry about being robbed etc, they want it. Many shops are already telling you they don't accept cash. I think, having a distrust in government opens up all sorts of dystopian beliefs, which may not be, but a healthy cynicism is needed. In Victorian times, many saw cars as a reason to worry.
Candid

Post by Candid »

Tokeless wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:23 pm Now, this is something I can agree is wrong and could have sinister potential. A digital trail for everything we buy is concerning, but the drive is going to be near impossible to prevent.
So far so good, then you start blaming ordinary people again. It isn't "young people", Tokeless. It's EVERYONE who's had their hands over their eyes for the past umpteen decades, so that by 2019 the enemies of humanity knew they could make it work this time.
Tokeless

Post by Tokeless »

Who's blaming? You need to understand facts and opinions Candid. Younger people don't see the world of fear you exist in, in my opinion. Digital life is happening and what you gonna do to stop it? Blame anyone who doesn't agree with your paranoid world view? Until the threat becomes real, the youth won't care and will just see people like you as dinosaurs and old world. As I said at the start, I can see the negatives but I don't sweat stuff I can't change. Here's a tip. Keep your cash under your bed, then one day they will make it valueless. How angry will you be then? If anyone blames anyone Candid it's you.. the whole world is at fault for your misery, but it's on you to change it because the world don't give a flying fuck what you think.
Candid

Post by Candid »

Tokeless wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:04 am Younger people don't see the world of fear you exist in, in my opinion.
They don't want to, and I for one don't blame them. Young people are all about reproduction and career. They haven't got time, or long-enough histories, to see how human freedoms have been steadily eroded for decades, much less that it's escalating tremendously now.
Digital life is happening and what you gonna do to stop it?
I'm not foolish enough to put the more extreme counter-plans here; it would be a betrayal of all the people with whom I've been working for the past year. The part of which you ought to be aware by now is non-compliance and judicious planting of the seeds of doubt into possibly receptive minds. We need the numbers!

When I meet people like you I wish them all the best and talk to someone else. I'm close to a big town and there's no shortage of people on the steet even in the worst of weather. There's no point dialoguing with closed minds** when you know they're going to be closed to the end. No, I don't blame any individual who thinks as you do; I just don't waste my time. It's different online where (for the foreseeable future) people can look back, maybe click on a link or two, but at the very least see whose forecasts are happening all around us.
Until the threat becomes real, the youth won't care and will just see people like you as dinosaurs and old world.
I've been a dinosaur long enough now to be fully aware of that! Mostly I talk to people round about my age. Women can tell a lot about strangers merely by looking at them, and I'm a naturally chatty person who spends a lot of time on public transport (and even more waiting for public transport).
I don't sweat stuff I can't change.
I know that about you.

Thanks for the financial tip, but I'm fully aware cash is on the way out and I have much savvier contacts than you!
If anyone blames anyone Candid it's you.. the whole world is at fault for your misery,
I hope you're mathematically inclined, because it's been shown over and over on this thread alone that your reading comprehension is abysmal. No offence. I'm fully aware of the source of my overall outlook, as well as the fact that you have zero interest in or comprehension of Complex PTSD. There's no reason you should have; it just isn't in your orbit.
it's on you to change it because the world don't give a flying fuck what you think.
More of the same that quietvoice tried to draw to your attention. You misquote and misunderstand all over the place, seeing only what you think is there.

If you believe no one has any interest in your worldview (or mine, or quietvoice's, or theforsaken's), why talk at all? Why not take yourself off to the wilderness if you can find one, and contemplate your navel until the day you stop breathing?

I express my Self and my worldview in everything I say, write, and do. As a retiree, I have that luxury. I can do whatever I like, all the time... and I'd be a right mug to do anything I don't enjoy, wouldn't I? It would be the height of stupidity to spend my declining years in the "world of fear" you believe I exist in.

** Closed minds are almost always closed due to FEAR. They know, and at the same time literally don't want to know. Most people aren't so stupid as to believe what they're being told by officialdom, they've just gone into blind fear and obedience. They're already dead, tbh.
Candid

Post by Candid »

You'll be in for a shock when you can't access your bank account and discover pouf! there it is gone.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/cCGNP1j2O9Ic/
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Hello Candid. Nothing to say other than "Hi."
Candid

Post by Candid »

quietvoice wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:42 am Hello Candid. Nothing to say other than "Hi."
Haha, same from me to you. I can't possibly know what's going on for you, any more than I know for sure what's going on between Russia and Ukraine. I do know, however, that things vary much more state to state in the US than they do in Australia...
Which reminds me, do you know what's going on with theforsaken these days?
Candid

Post by Candid »

quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Candid wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:22 pm More on CBDCs: https://www.bitchute.com/video/HDpNn0y9vq31/
It's unfortunate the debess doesn't have open comments, but so that goes at times. This channel I visit sometimes.