And so it begins again..

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
theforsaken

And so it begins again..

Post by theforsaken »

I wasn't real sure where to put this, it doesn't really fit anywhere so figured I'd just put it here.

So here he are, another year has just begun, I'm not really the "new year, new me" type but this year is gonna be pretty different.

One thing that's different is as of today, I'm doing the healthy thing again. I don't want diabetes or fucked organs or something in the near future, so I'm gonna start eating better today. And eventually start exercising again too (I have ALOT of shit to do to make the space before I can just exercise at home).

I plan on being in a different place health wise at the end of this year. It's not just gonna be one of those things you say and then the end of the year comes and you've done fucking nothing lol. Not me, not this time.

I'll add more as time.goes on I guess, that's all I've got for now. This post is mostly just for me, to hold myself accountable. I don't mind if no one reads or replies.
Tokeless

Re: And so it begins again..

Post by Tokeless »

Hi,
A good decision. You sound realistic in terms of your goals, so just commit to it. Remind yourself of how you want to be if you get motivation fatigue, which does happen. Varying your plan helps with this. Best wishes on the changes.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

theforsaken wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:44 amOne thing that's different is as of today, I'm doing the healthy thing again. I don't want diabetes or fucked organs or something in the near future, so I'm gonna start eating better today.
Learn about the fact the humans are a frugivore species. Transitioning to as close to our species specific diet as you can will do tremendous benefits for you on your health journey. Look up Dr. Robert Morse ND (robertmorsend on YouTube). John Rose (on YT) will help you, too, to get a good kickstart. There are others who help with this matter, as well; slowly people are waking up to this.
Candid

Post by Candid »

Isn't it also the case that frugivores have to live where fruit grows naturally?
What could people in polar regions be expected to eat other than fish?

I eat all kinds of foods, some of which make me feel good and some bad. Mostly I can sleep off the latter.
I've often wanted to ask you (qv) what a typical day's gastronomic fare is for you. And does it mean social eating (ie. restaurants) are off-limits?
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Candid wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:24 amIsn't it also the case that frugivores have to live where fruit grows naturally?
Good question. Humans are a tropical species. But, hey, humans being what they are, they moved about outside of their optimal environment.

I know that you asked me that other question at the other forum quite a while ago. It is a process to transition; habit and addiction and emotions and social influences and other such distractions as well as the detoxification process itself makes for a journey like no other. One must become informed and convinced that this is the way. I'm not immune to influences outside of my mind, for sure.

If you'd like, I can point you to a couple more channels to help you further your interest and learning on the subject.
Tokeless

Post by Tokeless »

I can't understand why nobody has taken up this offer QV... I mean I know there's only three of us on this forum, but surely you should be offering your sage wisdom and learning to a wider audience..
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Tokeless wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:38 pm I can't understand why nobody has taken up this offer QV... I mean I know there's only three of us on this forum, but surely you should be offering your sage wisdom and learning to a wider audience..
Interesting that you, having no idea what goes on in my life beyond this forum, are telling me what I "should" do.
Tokeless

Post by Tokeless »

Typically aggressive I see. I said surely, as in i can't understand why you haven't. I mean, you've been spot on so far haven't you? You seem to know so much.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Tokeless wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:15 pm Typically aggressive I see.
How is that aggressive? I was merely stating a fact.

No need for me to engage with you. I'm done (with you).
Tokeless

Post by Tokeless »

That's ok QV. I just think the wider world needs to hear you, but I'm not sure this forum does you justice. I mean you offered to give information on how you manage your diet and sadly, nobody heard it or even replied. Not even the light workers... so sad, such a waste