Mr Pickles

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
quietvoice

Re: Mr Pickles

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:50 pm since my mother was spooked over thalidomide at the time.
How old are you?
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

I can only repeat my position. There are lots of people not reading recognised science but relying on the internet and self promoters (usually Americans) who are not qualified in any reputable science. Some of Candid's sources turn out to be credible although I still fear she's a bit quick to trust just websites. Mostly social media these days is garbage.
Quiet Voice is clearly using the internet to seek out practically anyone who can spin some conspiracy line, be it UFO crashed saucers or killer vaccines. She's not questioning but simply accepting social media programming. There's no evidence of any knowledge in biology, history or science and that's where social media does the damage.
Did you know thousands of people died of plague in the 2nd century A.D. that was brought to Rome by the legions? They had no vaccines and that was a real plague with bodies heaped in the streets (unlike Covid). Vaccines can and would have saved thousands but they have to be properly tested and scientifically created, not rushed.
Social media is killing people because it's creating a non scientific, paranoid reality. People need to read real books by experts and steer clear of these daft spin merchants.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm I can only repeat my position. There are lots of people not reading recognised science but relying on the internet and self promoters (usually Americans) who are not qualified in any reputable science. Some of Candid's sources turn out to be credible although I still fear she's a bit quick to trust just websites. Mostly social media these days is garbage.
Quiet Voice is clearly using the internet to seek out practically anyone who can spin some conspiracy line, be it UFO crashed saucers or killer vaccines. She's not questioning but simply accepting social media programming. There's no evidence of any knowledge in biology, history or science and that's where social media does the damage.
Did you know thousands of people died of plague in the 2nd century A.D. that was brought to Rome by the legions? They had no vaccines and that was a real plague with bodies heaped in the streets (unlike Covid). Vaccines can and would have saved thousands but they have to be properly tested and scientifically created, not rushed.
Social media is killing people because it's creating a non scientific, paranoid reality. People need to read real books by experts and steer clear of these daft spin merchants.
Asked how old you are. This is in regards to your thalidomide statement. Please respond.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Funny how you avoid my direct questions, for the most part. They seem to be the incriminating questions, or else what would be the reason that you pretend that I said nothing?
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pmbe it UFO crashed saucers or
Never, not even once, have I mentioned ANYTHING "UFO". Never. Not once.

And, yet, you continue to repeat that I bring up such garbage and search it out. You are a complete idiot.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Fulgurator wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm She's not questioning

:shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are really an idiot.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

died of plague
Died of poison, most likely? I don't know about that part of history, but if other parts of history say anything . . .
What of the "black death" plague in the 1300''s? What do you think was the cause of that?
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

It is my view of you, David Banner, that you are not an intellectually honest person. Prove me wrong.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

quietvoice wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:42 pm
Fulgurator wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:36 pm I never swallowed the secret plot line . . .
Fill me in on the secret plot line, please.
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

My advice stands. It's not meant to be condescending . It applies to a lot of people these days who are substituting real education in sciences for pseudo claptrap on the internet. People are being manipulated and partly brainwashed by various cult celebrities whose knowledge of history, science, biology is extremely dubious.
As to my age, I'm clearly a lot older and did my learning the hard way. With increased age, you recognise misinformation and deceit more easily.
So, my advice would be. Read real textbooks on science. Learn some biology and basic genetics. Read credited history written by genuine researchers and not the rubbish you tend to find by Bill Blogs on websites. Sometimes you can find such texts on online libraries with authors names but always beware of site hosts and self-proclaimed experts - they're rarely qualified.
Beware of being passive and controlled by those who promote all these conspiracies. Bear in mind how the young women who followed Charlie Manson in later life regretted how they were led into a paranoid view of the world.