Mr Pickles

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.
quietvoice

Re: Mr Pickles

Post by quietvoice »

quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

"Israel Cohen" in 1912
We must realize that our party's most powerful weapon is racial tensions. By propounding into the consciousness of the dark races that for centuries they have been oppressed by whites, we can mold them to the program of the Communist Party. In America we will aim for subtle victory. While inflaming the Negro minority against the whites, we will endeavor to instill in the whites a guilt complex for their exploitation of the Negroes. We will aid the Negroes to rise in prominence in every walk of life, in the professions and in the world of sports and entertainment. With this prestige, the Negro will be able to intermarry with the whites and begin a process which will deliver America to our cause.
Candid

Post by Candid »

quietvoice wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:50 pm What's to talk about? Outright extermination facing us, and what else is there to talk about?
Can you possibly be unaware that you're going to die one day, whether you post here or not?
Who do you think sees what you write here? And who benefits from it?

Unlike you, apparently, I'm aware I'm going to die one day regardless of what good or evil exists in our species. I have f2f conversations with anyone who's interested in what I have to say, on any topic that arises naturally.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have one topic of interest only, and then to go around having a pop at anyone who disagrees with me. I recently stopped posting on an infinitely livelier platform because I got fed up with all the posts, not aimed at anyone in particular, ending WAKE UP, PEOPLE!

Whatever time I have left I intend to spend as enjoyably as I can, looking after those closest to me, giving my support to groups addressing causes that interest me, enjoying my garden, my writing, days out and other good things.

I can't imagine how exhausting it would be to demand that everyone think as I do.
Candid

Post by Candid »

Fulgurator wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:42 pm I lost most of the 1980s which was a shame as it was a good period. A shame nobody knew how to help me at that time. Knowledge is what pulled me through though it took time.
I suspect this is a normal rite of passage. I had my own 'lost' years, feelings of alienation etc. Not enjoyable even in the rear-view mirror, but it makes us interesting people with stories to tell.
Candid

Post by Candid »

quietvoice wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:00 pm Well, the one we got here refuses to engage in a proper back-and-forth, where willful ignorance of information prevails. Maybe, the next comer will have a better conversational way about him or her and be willing to take the facts where it may lead.
Do you honestly beieve you are the sole arbiter of truth here? That if Fulgurator and I agreed with and added to everything you post, this would be a better forum?

I'm sure you could find a forum that suits you better, and where you might actually see something you DON'T already know more about than everyone else.

A better forum would be one with more people on it, more views, more dissenting voices. It already existed, and this blind alley took its place.

NTS: Take up smoking weed, then I could post here endlessly about my post-acute withdrawal symptoms and become a magnet for marijuana moaners.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Candid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:51 am
Do you honestly beieve you are the sole arbiter of truth here?
Since when did I say or indicate or infer such a thing? Reality is the sole arbiter of truth, I always appeal to Looking At or Observing Reality and that would be the Reality in it's Full Context, not picked out some parts and ignore other parts that go against one's comforting notions of reality blah blah blah you don't care do you.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Candid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:51 am
I'm sure you could find a forum that suits you better,
-

I'm only here because of our past. I do not and have not for a long time actively participated in other forums.
quietvoice

Post by quietvoice »

Candid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:00 am
quietvoice wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:50 pm What's to talk about? Outright extermination facing us, and what else is there to talk about?
Can you possibly be unaware that you're going to die one day, whether you post here or not?
-

Cop out answer. Of course we are going to die, so we might as well swallow that poison to make it that much quicker.

And literally, that is what you are doing by believing in that particular sentiment.
>>"""" I'm going to die someday anyway, so I'll do stupid stuff like ignore very real threats to our long term existence, and by doing so, I'll play right into (((their))) hands. """"<<

The ship is sinking, so let's party. Or, alternatively, everything's normal, let's party. Party 'til you drop.
"A-a-a-n-d, that's all folks!"

^^^nottomeanthati'mleaving^^^
Candid

Post by Candid »

You misunderstand me. I'm well aware of the issues you write about.

Thing is, given that my life expectancy has probably been shortened by the goings-on of certain people in power, I want to spend the rest of it as cheerfully as I can. For me that's chiefly about relationship. I try to be kind, and if I can't be kind I walk away.

If, on the other hand I had a burning desire to tell all and sundry What's Going On, I would choose a platform that has many more than two or three active members. Already have done, in fact. My certainty is that while some people have had cause to regret having the lethal injections, it's been five years and I wouldn't reasonably expect anyone to switch sides now.

Your constant... shall we say unfriendliness... to others isn't something I would ever wish to emulate.
Fulgurator

Post by Fulgurator »

Candid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:40 am
Fulgurator wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:42 pm I lost most of the 1980s which was a shame as it was a good period. A shame nobody knew how to help me at that time. Knowledge is what pulled me through though it took time.
I suspect this is a normal rite of passage. I had my own 'lost' years, feelings of alienation etc. Not enjoyable even in the rear-view mirror, but it makes us interesting people with stories to tell.
That's why I eased off too abruptly scoffing at Quiet Voice due to my own darker and lost period. In the 1980s I was a mess and sometimes I forget I didn't spend all my life knowing how to analyse. It took time. A long time. Of course, that experience and age should be a motive for Q.V. to consider she could learn from mistakes made by others. Q.V. sort of reminds me of the young women who totally believed in Charlie Manson who himself gained his following on a doctrine of hate and racism. Instead of anti semitism, Manson chose the racial equality conflict in America issue, predicting a race war and calling it Helter Skelter. The women who followed him deeply regretted having been taken in as they aged. They were really quite nice women but had been brainwashed and fed LSD with extremist ideology. in a closed-off environment. Of course. Roman Polanski whose house was attacked is Jewish and had lived in Nazi occupied Poland. Sharon Tate his wife was stabbed to death by the Manson family.